Experiences

Miss you dad

Tuesday 10 April 2018

Breastfeeding

Breastfeeding

Breastfeeding is a lot more than what the word describes. While penning down my ideas, I found my hands quivering just to think about how I will find the fitting words to describe the precise pain and the spot-on beauty of this enriching experience.

During the phase of pregnancy, breastfeeding was just a word. Listening to those long motivational lectures, and to those not-so-motivational experiences of the people around, I almost organized my mind for one thing - IF I CAN, I WILL.

When my tiny little one came into my arms, so did the amazing Gods gift of the first food for tiny - ‘breast milk’. I was thrilled and nervous at the same time.

Initially, I felt the breast milk wasn’t there. But when I saw tiny sucking at it for minutes, I realized it was indeed there. It was not just me who was learning, tiny was too learning his lifes first lesson. 

That was the encouraging MOMENT when I told myself, “Now I will feed him exclusively for the next 6 months “

The first three weeks were far from glamorous. The painful breasts, the soreness, the sleepless nights took all my calm away, but the feeding continued.

After exclusively giving him the best gift of GOD during the initial 6 months, feeding him became an essential part of my daily routine. It was a remarkable time for me. Tinyand I spent hours on this activity. I remember how he dozed off on me and then woke up in few minutes to play on me or feed again.
Only women who have done this will know what I am talking about. 

Frankly, now I dont even remember when I last fed him. This magical thing stopped between us after few months. The period passed away much sooner than I had imagined.

The fifteen months of breastfeeding tiny, and the hours spent with him in solitude, looking at his every part during those hours, brought me much closer to tiny than I could ever imagine. And I earnestly miss those moments a lot. 

Going back in time is not what I want! I just want to share my message with all the young mothers - your baby will never be that tiny again. So FEED them as much as u CAN and experience this extraordinary joy of motherhood.

- Divya Harjani Chawla

No comments:

Post a Comment